Dealer efficiency, experience boosted with lane expansions to accommodate rising volumes
ATLANTA, January 3, 2017—Dealers at Manheim Cincinnati will experience expedited sales and an enhanced auction experience. The location has converted lanes 3-6 into four double blocked lanes and made additional sale day changes to increase efficiency.
The lane additions allow for an additional 700 vehicles per week, bringing sale-day lane capacity to some 1700 vehicles. To commemorate the additions, the location will host a Double Block Party featuring “Lanes as Good as Gold” on January 19, 2017, at 9:30 a.m.
“With growing volume, sale day is running longer these days. To get more vehicles through, provide better lane placement, and shorten the time our clients spend away from customers, we are expanding lane capacity” says Manheim Cincinnati General Manager Anita Jamison. “We are making these changes to help clients achieve greater efficiency.”
New Sales Format
The new double blocked lanes will be open during Manheim Cincinnati’s first sale of 2017 on Thursday, January 5, kicking off its new sales format:
- Each Thursday, the doors will open at 8:00 a.m. for a dealer consignment and lease sale kicking-off at 9:30 a.m.
- With a total of 10 lanes running, lanes 3-6 will now be double blocked, selling two cars at a time in each lane and lane 2 will only run Franchise Representative vehicles offering buyers access to franchisers who want to move their inventory quickly.
- The TRA sale, which previously ran at 9:00 a.m., will now run at 11:30 p.m. in Lane
Double Block Party
During the Double Block Party event on Jan. 19, the Manheim Cincinnati team will give away apparel, prizes and food. The team expects at least 1,500 vehicles to pass through that day. in addition to a great selection of inventory, dealers can expect:
- Door prizes for the first 500 dealers
- 10 early bird balloon pops
- 10 mystery vehicles, one in each lane – when the vehicle is sold, a winner will be selected
- 10 mega giveaways at the end of the sale
- Dealers who take photos in the onsite photo booth and upload the photo to Facebook tagging Manheim Cincinnati will be entered to win a keggerator
- Bridgecrest will be giving away a 65” Smart TV
- Sullivan Auto Group, Luxury Motor Car Company, Whitewater Motors, Porsche of the Village, Volvo of Cincinnati, Mercedes-Benz of Cincinnati, Mercedes-Benz of West Chester and Jake Sweeney will be giving out t-shirts in the lanes.
Teaming Up to Support the USO
Manheim Cincinnati will donate $2 for every vehicle sold during the sale to the USO (United Service Organizations) to support local military service members and their families. Sullivan Auto Group will donate $10 to the USO for every vehicle they sell during the sale and Mercedes-Benz, Volvo of Cincinnati, Porsche of the Village, Whitewater Motors, Jake Sweeney will also donate for every vehicle they sell.
Currently, Manheim Cincinnati hosts some 800 dealers and registers some 1,000 vehicles per week. It sits on 50 acres, at 4969 Muhlhauser Rd in Hamilton, Ohio and employs some 130 team members.