ATLANTA, June 25, 2018 /PRNewswire/ -- With the completion of its bold, $400 million auction and process transformation, Manheim is delivering a better way for clients to do business. Wholesale buyers and sellers now experience simpler transactions and processes at 78 locations, becoming super-efficient as they take advantage of powerful tools and self-service options.
"Since starting this journey, we had one goal in mind – to eliminate paperwork, lines, emails and anything that takes our clients away from making money buying and selling cars," said Grace Huang, president of Cox Automotive Inventory Solutions. "And, with dealers using more digital channels to conduct business, it is important for us to ensure our operations meet their evolving needs today and in the future."
Manheim's improvements enable clients to:
- Get information 24/7, including the ability to view and pay single, multiple and/or consolidated invoice reports at their dealership or on Manheim.com.
- Use electronic payment (ACH) or a line of credit to buy vehicles and services immediately from any device. In fact, from January to May, nearly 40 percent of dealer transactions were completed using these methods through Manheim.com.
- Have visibility into bills of sale, titles and gate passes, as well as data and insights, helping dealers make smarter decisions. For example, from January through May, clients printed a record 500,000 gate passes through Manheim.com.
- Switch easily between physical and digital services while in the lanes.
Clients tell Manheim they appreciate the changes, saying:
- "I get a lot more done with a lot less work."-- Joe Wilkins, Auto Store Group, Greenville, NC
- "Getting out of line and cutting down on paperwork gets me back to my customers faster." -- Ron Wilkes, Ron's Used Cars, Sumter, SC
- "Paying online is the best convenience. As soon as you click, it's done!" -- Danny Brown, Untouchable Auto Sales, New Orleans, LA
- "I don't stand in line for reports after the sale anymore, I print them back at the office. It makes my life much easier." -- Royal Kraft, Mossy Buick GMC, New Orleans, LA
In fact, greater access to Manheim's services and time-saving tools are already making a difference for clients:
- Dealers are saving roughly 30 minutes each week
- More than 30 percent of seller settlement transactions are using direct deposit vs. manual checks
- About 40 percent of buyer transactions are settled and post-sale inspection orders are placed through Manheim.com
"We encourage our clients to learn more about how they can simplify the way they do business by talking with Manheim team members or visiting www.mymanheim.com/experience," said Huang. "Our upgrades will help dealers find extra time to make more deals and grow their profits."
As part of its transformation, Manheim also adopted Lean Daily Management (LDM). A proven management philosophy and quality control practices enhance efficiencies, client service and safety. In addition, this approach drives team members to visually measure and improve performance. The company launched LDM in 2016, rolled it out to almost 30 locations last year and will implement the program at remaining sites by year's end. In addition, the company will introduce a new application that delivers real-time tracking of vehicles across auction lots. The solution is being tested at Manheim West Palm Beach and Manheim Orlando, and is planned for implementation at 10+ sites in the U.S. later this year.
Huang added, "What Manheim has done is nothing short of historic. It was made possible with the support and patience of our clients and team members."
About Manheim (www.manheim.com)
Manheim® is North America's leading provider of end-to-end wholesale solutions that help dealer and commercial clients increase profits in their used vehicle operations.
Through its physical, mobile and digital sales network, Manheim offers services for inventory management, buying and selling, floor planning, logistics, assurance and reconditioning. With its omni-channel approach, Manheim Marketplace enables wholesale vehicle clients more efficient ways to connect and transact business how and when they want. Approximately 18,000 team members help Manheim offers 8 million used vehicles annually, facilitating transactions representing nearly $58 billion in value. Headquartered in Atlanta, Manheim North America is a Cox Automotive™ brand. For more information, visit http://press.manheim.com.